VolBass'n

Opinions on 3 Spinning Rods

I'm looking to acquire a new spinning rod as my old one decided to shorten itself by 2 feet.  Would like one with primarily shakey head fishing in mind, but will be used for T-rigged baits as well.  Also would like to keep it under 6'10.  I've narrowed it down to three and any opinions/reviews would be appreciated.

Abu Garcia Ike Series 6'6 Medium Heavy (Found for $100)

G-Loomis E6X Series (Unsure length and power and regular price)

Shimano Cumara 6'8 Medium Heavy Fast (On sale at local shop for $140)

From those three options I would say go with the e6X. I just picked up a medium power fast action spinning rod for drop shot and weightless plastic applications and so far I am really enjoying it. The e6x will run you around 179.99-189.99. Bass Mafia Tackle usually has them new for $160 shipped to your door.

If you're looking to spend 160 the e6x isn't a bad rod, neither is the mojo for 130 to 140 from st croix. Depending on your budget I'd go with those two. 

• Like 1

I know it's not on your list, but the St Croix 68mxf is an awesome rod for what your wanting to do.

• Like 1

I own an Ike 6'4 jerkbait rod and it feels great when I fish it, and I own 6 G Loomis rods and love them as well. All of my Loomis are IMX or GL3 so I am not sure how close the new lower end Loomis rods compare. What I would suggest are two other rods I know how they fish. One has been mentioned and for your purpose I would consider strongly the St Croix Avid X 68mxf rod.  The other rod I would suggest is a Dobyns Sierra series SA693SF. It was made to do what you want to do. They run $160.00. It is 6'9" rates 3/16 to 5/8 and is a medium with a fast tip. They suggest it to be used with jigs ,shaky heads , texas rigs, sencos and wacky rigs.