Sign in to follow this  
tcbass

Light bulbs for instruments on bass boat dash?

Had a 2014 Stratos inspected and the only problem was that the lights on the speedometer and trim guage on the dash didn't work. I'm hoping it's a bulb issue rather than a wiring issue. I searched but couldn't find what type of bulb is correct and also where to get the bulb. 

Anyone know what bulbs a 2014 Stratos instrument uses?

Probably a loose wire

That's a much newer stratos than mine but mine are available at any auto parts store. What type of gauges? Faria?  They would be able to tell you the specific bulb. If it is a wiring issue it would likely be a simple one like the loose wire mentioned above.

If you do much night fishing you may be finding yourself trying to disable the rest of the dash lights. That is of course just personal preference though. 

Simple test light will tell you in a minute.  Also these can be bought cheap on amazon by putting in "marine dash lights" in the search bar.  All sorts of colors to choose from I replaced mine last year with blue ones.  The boat is blue makes it look cool at night.  Very simple test and very simple fix.  

6 minutes ago, cfalco said:

Simple test light will tell you in a minute.  Also these can be bought cheap on amazon by putting in "marine dash lights" in the search bar.  All sorts of colors to choose from I replaced mine last year with blue ones.  The boat is blue makes it look cool at night.  Very simple test and very simple fix.  

How do you know which one will work for this boat? There are tons of options.

20 minutes ago, tcbass said:

How do you know which one will work for this boat? There are tons of options.

You have to know what brand/type of gauge you have. Many different brands of boats use the same brand gauges. 

I would guess a bulb, but it wouldn't matter to me, the first thing I do, since most boats have white lights in the gauges, I take all the white bulbs out and put red one in.  If you night fish, those white lights blind the heck out of you, unless you are one of those like in that other post that runs around without your running lights on.   Red LED strips inside the storage boxes and rod locker are very nice add on features also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tcbass said:

2 loose wires?

I may have misunderstood. I thought you meant the trim wasn't working, not the trim gauge light.