AllTerrainAngler

Funny Fishing Stories

Just want to start a thread where we can share some mishaps on the water and have a little fun with it....

So i'll start off. Last summer my best friend and i were fishing a tournament on a local lake we both know down to the smallest creek runoff.... Or so we though. We were hitting our favorite grassbeds right outside of the marina. Water level well below normal and this lake is relatively clean so have never had any issues at all. So we are trolling along the dropoff and casting into the grass. 11' depth where the boat  sits. Out of nowhere we hit a solid bump.... large rock structure out of nowhere and it breaks the rope for the trolling motor so we cant get the motor out of the water.. I spend a good 45 minutes trying to wiggle the rope around all the pins and nooks up the shaft. I finally have it and i jump up to bask in the glory of fixing this god awful thing and getting back on the water... what do you know my buddy was trying to squeeze behind me for  another cast and i knock him off the front deck. I am now dying laughing at how horribly the day has gone. we finally get back on the water well after the topwater has shut down and its over 90 out now. we decide to keep hitting grass for the remainder of the day. about 11am we are cruising along another grass bed and i hear a small thump and we just stop moving... Look over the deck and the prop on the trolling motor is gone. Guess who didn't have an extra prop in the boat... WE flew back to the marina and fished the grasses there for the rest of the day. Ended up placing 2nd and had a great story to tell about ourday

• Like 1

I'm in high school, maybe a sophomore. My dad is trout trolling, I am bass fishing (this is how most of our trips went). I hook a good fish on a crank bait right next to the boat and just flip it right in. I almost land it right in my dads lap and the fish is going nuts and thrashing around. I didn't fight it at all so it's at full tilt. My dad is trying to lip it and get it out of the boat, I'm laughing at him. 

My dad wore glasses and during this event the bass pooped and some of it got flung up on the bottom rim of his glasses right by his nose. I see it right away but don't say anything. For the next few hours I get the constant "You don't smell that?" He changes jackets, he washes his hands in the lake first, then forearms, then takes his shoes off to inspect them. He stands up and says really loudly "Everything smells like ***** to me!" I just start laughing and tell his to check his glasses and he takes them off and sees the poop on them. At first he looks ticked then starts laughing too. 

• Like 4

:)