IndianaFinesse

Lucky craft lightning pointer xr

Is the action on the lightning pointer similar to the regular pointers? And do any of you guys think its almost as good as the higher priced pointers?

• Like 1

Water temperature plays a large part in determining if a bait will sink, suspend or float.    Colder water is denser so baits tend to float better in colder water, it also helps suspending bait suspend.  When the water is warmer the water is thinner and baits to sink a little more.

Baits that are designed to slow sink or suspend often have to be tuned in the conditions you are fishing at the time.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, Molay1292 said:

Water temperature plays a large part in determining if a bait will sink, suspend or float.    Colder water is denser so baits tend to float better in colder water, it also helps suspending bait suspend.  When the water is warmer the water is thinner and baits to sink a little more.

Baits that are designed to slow sink or suspend often have to be tuned in the conditions you are fishing at the time.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:20 PM, avidone1 said:

No.   All bait companies lie about their baits floating when they say they will sink

How does the lightning pointer compare to the other lc jerkbaits?

its a decent jerk it has its time and place.  paint seems to hold up just as good as the others as well.

• Like 1

That bait dives fast and it is a very tight action compared to a pointer. I use it for deeper fish as I now have a respect for slow sinking baits as the Rapala Shadow Rap has been one of the best jerkbaits to come around in a long time. If you want to use a deeper running jerkbait the Lightning Pointer is worth having, it dives fast and moves quick but the tight action works well, I use it when the fish are beyond the my Shadow Rap deep version, the Lightning pointer on 10lb mono will hit 6' and almost 7' on 8lb, if you use fluorocarbon add another 6" to 1' to those numbers and sink rate is slow so you can pause it for 5 or 6 seconds without it sinking more than a few inches.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smalljaw67 said:

That bait dives fast and it is a very tight action compared to a pointer. I use it for deeper fish as I now have a respect for slow sinking baits as the Rapala Shadow Rap has been one of the best jerkbaits to come around in a long time. If you want to use a deeper running jerkbait the Lightning Pointer is worth having, it dives fast and moves quick but the tight action works well, I use it when the fish are beyond the my Shadow Rap deep version, the Lightning pointer on 10lb mono will hit 6' and almost 7' on 8lb, if you use fluorocarbon add another 6" to 1' to those numbers and sink rate is slow so you can pause it for 5 or 6 seconds without it sinking more than a few inches.

Good info right there. Helpful. Thx.

• Like 1