Jump to content
IgotWood

Kietechs Swim Jig model lll

Recommended Posts

I am a big of Keitech bait, especially the Swing Impact. I saw the Keitech swim jig, and it advertises that it is designed specifically for the 4.8 Impact bait. I was super stoked to give it a try, but when I rigged it, it seems as though the hook is WAY too small for the bait. 

Anybody here have any experience whit these? 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is strange, I haven't used them on the actual keitech swim jig but I use them on the dirty digs 3/8-1/2oz swimjig and it fits perfectly...

are those swim jigs screw lock?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its meant to be that size. Whether you personally like/trust it is another story. Iv tried that swimjig, and the hookup is pretty good, not exceptional but good. The issue that i have is the design of the head, the circular disc part under the line tie. That part catches way too much stuff in the water for my liking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hook looks good length wise, too much longer and it's gonna start interfering with tail action. As for the gap in the hook, it seems a little small. What you could do is take a knife and slit the bottom of the bait before you put it on, so that the hook can go into the slit when you set the hook and give it more bite to hook the fish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GORDO said:

That is strange, I haven't used them on the actual keitech swim jig but I use them on the dirty digs 3/8-1/2oz swimjig and it fits perfectly...

are those swim jigs screw lock?

Yes, they are

1 hour ago, MassYak85 said:

Hook looks good length wise, too much longer and it's gonna start interfering with tail action. As for the gap in the hook, it seems a little small. What you could do is take a knife and slit the bottom of the bait before you put it on, so that the hook can go into the slit when you set the hook and give it more bite to hook the fish. 

I thought of doing that. It works great for rigging on a jig head, but I think with this application the hook point will be exposed and I will snag every weed in the lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does not look like there is much gap between the bait and the hook in that photo? Also I noticed you texposed the hook so I assume you are fishing some pretty weedy stuff. Even on my swimjigs I don't texpose them so I can get a better hook up ratio. This is what one mine is rigged like. Note I have no experience with the Keitech line of swim jigs.

16abblh.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kickerfish1 said:

It does not look like there is much gap between the bait and the hook in that photo? Also I noticed you texposed the hook so I assume you are fishing some pretty weedy stuff. Even on my swimjigs I don't texpose them so I can get a better hook up ratio. This is what one mine is rigged like. Note I have no experience with the Keitech line of swim jigs.

16abblh.jpg

This jig has a screw lock. I believe it is supposed to be texposed. I read some of the reviews for this bait, and they were pretty good. I just feel like I'm gonna waste my time and get frustrated with this jig. Perhaps I'll try a standard swim jig. Thanks for your reply!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting the picture without the trailer. I think I was working on uploading the picture when you replied about it being a screw lock style. Revenge uses the same concept on their bladed jigs as well. To be perfectly honesty I a not a huge fan of the screw lock style. I would still fish it and see how it does for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IgotWood said:

Yes, they are

I thought of doing that. It works great for rigging on a jig head, but I think with this application the hook point will be exposed and I will snag every weed in the lake.

You can still tuck the tip of the hook under the skin of the bait on the top to make it weedless, just make the slit on the bottom maybe 1/3 of the way into the paddle tail you are using. It will look the same as you have it now, until a fish takes it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fish Fat Impacts using hooks with around that amount of gap and have a great hookup ratio.  The plastic is soft enough to compress is my guess.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×