Sign in to follow this  
cdailey

Lost my biggest! Red Shad Bull Hog.

ahhh, im used to catching at max 2lb'rs on the banks of fort loudoun lake. im usually throwing 4" worms and small craws.

Today, I decided i was going to fish a little place behind a skate park that no one ever fishes. I decided to go a little bigger bait this time using a Red Shad Bull Hog (weightless). 

Just as I thought it was over and I had casts every little piece I threw it back out as far as I could and on the fall Bam! The pressure was so hard I thought I had caught some large bottom strolling fish. Finally get him up to the top and i had to hop him over some large rocks to get to the bank..everything seemed fine and I as soon as i pulled to get him on the bank the hook fell out. :(

I have gotten bigger bass before using this same lure but they always seem to get loose but I have never had one this large. The struggles of the newby fisher. ha!

Sucks man!  My brother's had that happen twice - so he's technically never caught a fish yet.  :(  We think his problem is he's so excited he's got a bite, he forgets to set the hook and they get away.

That suck man, but at least you get to fight thst beast all the way.