BassinCali

split shot 3 inch senko

I do...I nose hook a 3" Stik-o with a #1 octopus hook on 6lb mono, and use a split shot about 14-18" up the line. I also do that with small fluke type baits.

43 minutes ago, Swamp Rat said:

I do...I nose hook a 3" Stik-o with a #1 octopus hook on 6lb mono, and use a split shot about 14-18" up the line. I also do that with small fluke type baits.

I do something similar to this, except i use a yum dinger, and i nose hook it on a 1/4oz football jig and drag it around

Yep!

• Like 1

Yes, a lot actually, last year it was the only think the small mouth would bite, this year it has been producing good as well. River smallmouth  love a small orange senko

16 hours ago, Todd2 said:

No....should I be?:ph34r:

Yes

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Swamp Rat said:

would it matter if im using flouro instead

7 hours ago, lakeannaangler said:

Yes, a lot actually, last year it was the only think the small mouth would bite, this year it has been producing good as well. River smallmouth  love a small orange senko

I have found the same thing to be true, except for the days they only bite a black/green pumpkin one.  

I tried splitshoting them a few times, but I was having an issue where panfish would attack the weight, messing up my perfectly executed casts. The odd thing was, if I fished the senko weightless, the panfish would hit it, but with the splitshot, they would ignore the worm and only hit the weight.   

1 hour ago, BassinCali said:

would it matter if im using flouro instead

not at all, I just don't like flouro...and here in the Everglades the water is tannic stained, so flouro isn't needed.

I just can't use 3" senko's. Not sure why, but I can't go smaller than 4", even then, I want to use a 5".....But I like to put split shots in front of most of my baits on spinning gear. Including Hardbaits/Spinnerbaits etc.