Sign in to follow this  
d-camarena

Question on shimano zodias

I have 2 questions. First, does anybody here have the 7'2 heavy zodias? Is it enough for punching 1oz weights?

Second, im also looking at the 6'10 medium but i see it has a moderate tip. What is that rod specifically made for? I usually use fast action rods. 

I have a 6'10" medium and I can tell you it's not much of a moderate tip. It's heavier than that.

That said, I'm not sure it'd be a good punching rod as it's heavy but not quite heavy as I personally like for working through very thick cover.

As for the 7'2" heavy, since they run a bit heavier than rated my guess would be that it would be more than adequate enough for punching. 

If you're anything like me this will quickly be your favorite rod 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Preytorien said:

I have a 6'10" medium and I can tell you it's not much of a moderate tip. It's heavier than that.

That said, I'm not sure it'd be a good punching rod as it's heavy but not quite heavy as I personally like for working through very thick cover.

As for the 7'2" heavy, since they run a bit heavier than rated my guess would be that it would be more than adequate enough for punching. 

If you're anything like me this will quickly be your favorite rod 

I have other zodias rods and they are my favorites. For punching i was looking at the 7'2. For light plastics and weightless senkos i was looking at the 6'10. You think it will work for that?

7 hours ago, d-camarena said:

I have other zodias rods and they are my favorites. For punching i was looking at the 7'2. For light plastics and weightless senkos i was looking at the 6'10. You think it will work for that?

Yes, the moderate tip will be heavier than a standard moderate, and almost feel like a fast. I think for senkos it would be great. I use it as a general purpose rod

• Like 1