Buckeye Ron

Punta Gorda Fl.

Well,retirement is finally here. I move to PG in a couple of days and after a week or so of getting the family settled I'll be looking for a place to cast a line for bass. Looking for small lake,river,or pond suggestions for some bank fishing till I get my first kayak.

Welcome to the area! I've lived here for 37 yrs and love it. It truly is paradise!

A few months ago if I remember right, I and another poster gave you a few options when you were getting ready to leave Ohio,  I believe. Check out the north end of the Peace River, Babcock Ranch area, any canal east of US 41 in Port Charlotte and North Port, (especially Coco Plub) Webb Lake, Lake Suzy, Lettuce Lake and my favorite Shell Creek. 

Let me know if you need directions. 

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Right now I'm just hoping I can get to my new house in PG!!  I'm on the way down and was blessed to finally find a motel room south of Atlanta. I'm a tad over 500 miles from PG and the tv guy is saying there might be a shortage of gasoline! Sure didn't plan on this. Movers are supposed to show up Friday morning. Fishing isn't too important at the moment!