Brett's_daddy

Fall Fishing in Vermont

I just wondered if my fellow Vermonter's are having any luck this Fall (I know it's early still) and where they are having the most luck?

Fishing has been great. I see you like to fish Curtis Pond. It can be good there in the fall.  If i had to chose one place it would Lake Champlain. It is hard to beat this time of year in Vermont.

The pond nearest my house was just turning on when they decided to start draining it to work on the retaining dam... The fish have been wonky, but still biting.

I haven't had time to get out anywhere else... But, other friends have been having really solid starts to the fall season.

Champlain, north of the Champlain bridge is on fire.  Ticonderoga area is awful, has been for 2 months.

I'm not experienced enough of a boater to tackle Lake Champlain yet...lol. Plus we usually keep our larger fish to eat and my wife has heard that fish from Lake Champlain have some of the highest mercury content around so she doesn't want to fish there :(.

Well I had some luck today in Southern Vermont. Caught 5 fish in the morning at Athens Pond and 3 in the afternoon at Chester Reservoir. Used plastic grubs all day, fishing from the shoreline. My two best ...

athens_001.jpg

chester_001.jpg

Here's a video of the fish I caught at Chester Reservoir.

Its only a 5 acre pond. They stock the reservoir with trout every spring, ostensibly for a kids fishing derby. But really they're just feeding the bass.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BurrStone said:

Here's a video of the fish I caught at Chester Reservoir.

Its only a 5 acre pond. They stock the reservoir with trout every spring, ostensibly for a kids fishing derby. But really they're just feeding the bass.

Really Nice Bass ~

"Holy Hand Grenades"

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 1:14 PM, Brett's_daddy said:

I'm not experienced enough of a boater to tackle Lake Champlain yet...lol. Plus we usually keep our larger fish to eat and my wife has heard that fish from Lake Champlain have some of the highest mercury content around so she doesn't want to fish there :(.

ALL of the ponds have Mercury, etc.  Look at Harriman Res down south, can't even eat a Rock Bass.  Your boat will handle St. Albans Bay or Malletts JUST FINE.