JacksonT

What rod and reel should I buy?

Hello everyone , I'm looking to get a new rod and reel , this will be my only rod for a while so I'm looking for a all around type rod and reel. I primarily throw soft plastics and jigs but will occasionally throw a crank bait or a spinner, I normally roll medium to slow speed with my soft plastics and jigs  . I would love y'alls opinion

thanks 

I picked up a field and stream black tech 8 for 59.00 from Dicks sporting and a quatum Nitro for 39.00 and they look like the perfect match and it fishes awesome. The reel is so smooth and the pole feels and acts like a 100.00 pole 

Rod get the Abu Garcia Veritas 2.0 line.. very decent for $100 go with the 7'3" MH fast model

and reel, can't go wrong with shamano citica runs around $150, go with the highest speed ratio u can find

To find 1 rod for all you described, and still be truely effective, is almost impossible, because a crankbait and a jig require different actions to be correctly effective. Cranks need a softer action, and jigs a heavier action. ,.... BUT,..

I saw on TW yesterday that berkley has updated and released a newer "series one" rod. Which,.. they were a great rod 25 years ago, and I can only imagine what a updated version will act like, "should" be impressive.

A med heavy 7' casting rod should cover "most" of what you seek. Add on a nice shimano citica or curado and you've most likely got a really nice setup for around $250.

If thats too much cash, take a step lower to berkley's lightning rod, and shimano's caenan reel, and for  around $130 you've still got a decent setup for what your looking to fish.

Im no sponsored angler, just like both companies products

Jackson T what is your budget