Jm526

How has lake Okeechobeee been?

Going to Saturday and Sunday. Who has been going and how has it been. Usually Saturday I find the pattern then Sunday I fish like a tournament. Any recommendations what to throw?

thanks

fished the south end sunday....  the bite was tough....  the wind didn't help....  I heard some guys did ok near Ritta island if you can find some cleaner water.

The Hay Field, West Wall and Tin House were all tough the last few days. I'm  told So.Bay and Pelican Bay weren't much better. Clear water is key

Mike

34 minutes ago, Mike L said:

The Hay Field, West Wall and Tin House were all tough the last few days. I'm  told So.Bay and Pelican Bay weren't much better. Clear water is key

Mike

16 hours ago, topwaterrob said:

fished the south end sunday....  the bite was tough....  the wind didn't help....  I heard some guys did ok near Ritta island if you can find some cleaner water.

Thanks guys, I'm going to South Bay. I'm gonna try finnese until a limit then see if I can't get a couple big uns on matts. 

I launched at Slim's, and all of my fish came on swim jigs and Snag Proof frogs...couldn't buy a fish on anything else. Reiterating what everyone said, look for clean water. The winds have been hurting also, so keep that in mind.