Undergroundbassin

fall jig ssuggestions

im new to flipping and pitching jigs, whats your goto pattern for fall largemouth or small mouth?

Around here the air and water temps have gone down drastically in the past couple weeks. I have had some major success dragging a 3/8 ounce football head jig with a rage tail craw for trailer. Just a slow drag and when you hit a piece of cover just give a few subtle shakes. I been fishing it slow and fairly deep. The water been pretty clear so I have been going with a green pumpkin. 14pound fluorocarbon so I can really feel the bottom contour. 

• Like 1

If I had to use only a jig, Id be "casting" to drop offs and offshore rocky structures near the baitfish found on my lcr, with a 1/4 oz silicone skirted jig and pork, or a lighter hair version

For flipping and pitching? spring to fall is a much more viable time for these. (around here anyways)

Actually, my "go to" in fall is a suspending jerkbait, followed by a slower running colorado or indiana bladed spinnerbait, a topwater, then a few different jigs. Once I figure out whats working best? the other rods get put away, as the action can get hectic, and a clear and clean deck is a safer one.