Jann H

Shimano Curado on a Irod genesis 2

Pretty similar to what I use for jigs 

• Like 1

I have the Genesis 2 704c and it makes a great jig rod. Super light at 3.9oz. No reason why the Curado wouldn't match up to any rod.

• Like 1

I own two Irod Genesis II rods. I also belong to another board and the owner was a dealer of Irods. So a big bunch of us purchased Irods. We got them at a reduced price by buying them in two separate bulk purchases.

MY  first one is a IRG 703cc Gabes Rip Rap special, a terrific light well balanced rod. I use for small to mid sized cranks and rattle traps for bass and stripers. I have landed stripers and blue cats up to 18 pounds. It is matched to a Daiwa Tatula Type R 6.3-1 reel.   The second is my wifes. It is a  medium heavy spinning rod she uses for frogging, but could easily handle the task of a football head jig on a deep ledge as well.  Super light and again well balanced. 

Now for your desire to get a good rod to match up with your reel to throw jigs. Look at the IRG733C Lone Star Special. It rates for lighter bait from 3/16 to 1/2 ounce lures. That is a great rod. Several members got that rod in fact. The other rods guys got to throw jigs and worms were the IRG704C and 744C rods. Both terrific weapons and all 3 will match up nicely. Before I had a  Daiwa on mine I had a Chronarch 200E7 on it.