Sign in to follow this  
d-camarena

Lews mach 2 rod reviews?

Im in the market for a t-rig rod. The mach 2 fits my low budget. I checked them out at cabelas yesterday and feel real nice for the price. But i want some feedback from guys that actually have one of these rods. 

My corncerns are sensitivity(not real importan for me since i use braid) and backbone. Most rods in that price range lack good backbone.

Thanks

I have a Mach 2 combo and love it. The reel is fantastic and the grips on both the rod and reel it make me grab for it more than my other setups. I have it spooled with flouro and it's pretty sensitive. Not the most sensitive I have, but I haven't had trouble detecting strikes with it. The backbone is very good, and it has a fast tip. It's a very sturdy combo and it casts like a dream. I would highly recommend it if you need a low budget combo for t-rigging. 

• Like 1

It'll be great for texas rigs and jigs. I assume you are talking about the Mach II combo, and not the Mach Speed Stick (the rod that comes with the combo)?

I might buy just the rod but if i find a good deal for the combo im might get that. Just wanted some feedback on the rod. Its hard to judge a rod without getting it wet

Best I've seen is like $20 off. I can get you a $10 coupon for DSG/F&S if you PM me haha.

I have one as well. It's perfect for your budget. I'm no rod wizard but it works nice for me. The reel is a good look too ! I'm glad I bought it.