Sign in to follow this  
Bassfishin91

Any one fished the cutler drain canals

Hey guys going this weekend to fish the Cutler drain canal system this Saturday, and me and my friend are launching off the boat ramp behind the falls mall. The water is super clear till about 10 feet, which will push me to sight fish. The only advice i have found is on the FWC sight which says for bass throw worms or sight fish and for peacocks fish with live bait. I've thrown square bill crank baits, rattle traps, and spinner baits and it looks like it scares them away. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks in advance thight lines everyone.

I've only been to that canal once and it was on the bank. But I fish clear water in other areas.

They shouldn't get scared off all the time. I think it depends on their mood that day.  My preference is always worms. But that's just my style of fishing.

You could try a crank with no rattles in it and natural colors, or even translucent colored cranks.

If you like to fish fast you could go with a soft plastic alternative like a U-Vibe.

Or you can always try the trusty senko. Or a fluke.

Watermelon Red is my go to color anywhere here in South Florida.

Im going tomorrow, I fish for peas a lot up in palm beach county but idk what to expect with these miami peas. Im gunna bring live bait even though 99% of the time i'm against using live bait but I'm Looking to break a pb. 

When I lure fish for peas though I usually use a jerkbait working it as fast and eratically as possible. Using crappie jigs can also be really good if you're sight fishing or near structure. 

On 3/22/2017 at 1:48 PM, SFL BassHunter said:

I've only been to that canal once and it was on the bank. But I fish clear water in other areas.

They shouldn't get scared off all the time. I think it depends on their mood that day.  My preference is always worms. But that's just my style of fishing.

You could try a crank with no rattles in it and natural colors, or even translucent colored cranks.

If you like to fish fast you could go with a soft plastic alternative like a U-Vibe.

Thanks, me and my friend are taking shinners just in case but i think i will be throwing soft plastics and flukes. I definitely  will be posting what i catch.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bassfishin91 said:

Thanks, me and my friend are taking shinners just in case but i think i will be throwing soft plastics and flukes. I definitely  will be posting what i catch.

Good luck!

Yeah if all else fails the shiners should do the trick.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:35 AM, SFL BassHunter said:

Good luck!

Yeah if all else fails the shiners should do the trick.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:48 PM, SFL BassHunter said:

So me and my friend fished different spots of the canal after dropping his gheenoe and the water and after a slow morning i managed to snag 7 peacocks ranging from *** lbs on shiners. My friend ended up catching about 9 peacocks and a largemouth. The peacocks and largemouth werent biting on anything but shiners. Even though the day was slow it was still a good day of fishing..