Michaelprimetime

Nashua River near Hollis

Been reading many posts, but I can't find what I'm looking for. Just curious if anyone fishes the Nashua river up by Hollis near the golf course. I'm new to the area and have access to this area of the river. I see many have talked about catching bass and pickerel, but is there a list of species in this river? 

• Like 1

Hey there! 

I fish the Nashua a lot...lol, probably too much. Also another guy on these forums, Nashua Nev, also fishes it and has a ton of great info. I fish the area up by the golf course a bunch. It's one of the stronger current sections of the river, and I think that's what makes it a nice spot for bigger bass. There's lots of fallen trees and the whole course bends the river in loop which offers lots of spots that break that current which = Bass. As far as a list, not sure but I think you can get an idea on NH Fish Finder, but your mileage may vary. In my experience your going to get mostly Large Mouth Bass, along with plenty of Chain Pickerel, the occasional Perch ( White perch are in there too. I know I've caught em), and definitely lots and lots of Black Crappie/Bluegill/Pumpkin seed and other assorted baitfish. I have seen ( but not caught) extremely large catfish and carp... like dinosaur era ones:) If your in a smaller craft( kayak in my case, or even a canoe) do yourself a favor and bring an anchor so you can hold position to fish.  Have fun and let me know how it works out. 

Thank you, phil_NH for the very helpful reply. Do you know if a depth chart is available for the river? If not, do you happen to know how deep it runs on the northern side of the golf course where there's a sharp bend in the river?