Do the Tatula rods (not the new ones but the black and gold rods) have a locking nut that will scratch the reel seat of a reel?  Is it all aluminum or does it have a plastic/rubber insert to avoid damaging the reel?  Thanks!

I have two and I can't tell you 100% because I don't have them with me right now but if I recall correctly they do not have an insert, I think they are straight aluminum. That being said I have not noticed any scratches on my reels when I take them off and do maintenance. 

same as above, i have 2 and i don't know if they have an insert or not.  i have never noticed any reel feet being scratched when taking them off either.

I just checked mine, and it looks like the inside of the nut is plastic lined of some sort? I have moved my rees on and off all 3 Tat's and not a mark on the foot of the reel.

Why would it matter if the reel foot gets scratched?  Am I missing something I thought tatula use fuji reel seats.

• Like 1