Arobb2012

Popmax problem

I set the the the hook on a fish this morning and my popmax flew out of the water like a rocket and hit a rock head on. Now my it lays on its side just slightly. Could I get away with wrapping a small piece of solder on the front hook to make it sit upright. Or maybe a suspend strip or dot?

The lure did get a decent knick on the top of the cupped mouth next to the line tie and the line tie got flattened down a bit too.

Try it and find out. In my opinion tho, you probably are better off getting a new one.

• Like 3

Rob I think you should take a look at some other poppers.. then this whole ordeal wouldn't be so painful. My PB came on a popper that costs less than 10 bucks... 

9 hours ago, Yeajray231 said:

Rob I think you should take a look at some other poppers.. then this whole ordeal wouldn't be so painful. My PB came on a popper that costs less than 10 bucks... 

They are a bit expensive but I lucked out and the online seller sent me the wrong color. They gave me a 50% refund of the lure, so that takes the sting of bouncing it off some rocks away. I just want to fix it if possible. 

I still caught 9 smallies with it laying on its side and not popping right. There must be something to the jdm/megabass mojo.

You will never get back to it's original condition and if that is what you want buy a new one. However since you have caught fish with it continue to fish it in its wounded state.....:cool7:

As an after thought I would fish it alongside of a new one just to see which one out performs the other...you may be onto something.....LOL.

• Like 1