beaverretreiver

HDS 9 Gen 2 Touch

I am looking at purchasing a Gen 2 HDS 9 from Cabelas as they are on sale currently. I am trying to determine if this is the best graph for me.

I have a few questions.

From what I read with this model no black box is needed for side scan just the lss-2 transducer. Is my understanding correct?

With the lss-2 transducer you will still need to run the hdi transducer as well, correct?

Is there any drawbacks to this model? I know gen3 is out but other than that?

How does it compare to the helix 9 SI?

Before anyone asks I have already searched and read numerous posts but wanted confirmation what I understood is correct before pulling the trigger. Graphs are a lot of money and I want to be sure of my purchase.

From what I read with this model no black box is needed for side scan just the lss-2 transducer. Is my understanding correct?

Yes that is correct.

With the lss-2 transducer you will still need to run the hdi transducer as well, correct?

You will need at least a 2d sonar transducer.

Gen 2 is slower and not compatible with all of the new stuff out there.

You might want to check out some suppliers like BBG and BOE before you buy.  I have saved a bunch shopping with them over the years.  Those units should be on close out in lots of places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jig Man said:

Yes that is correct.

You will need at least a 2d sonar transducer.

Gen 2 is slower and not compatible with all of the new stuff out there.

You might want to check out some suppliers like BBG and BOE before you buy.  I have saved a bunch shopping with them over the years.  Those units should be on close out in lots of places.

Thanks for the reply. The hds i am looking at is 799 with just the hdi transducer. So add 299 more for the lss-2.

I haven't found anywhere online even close to that price. I will look into those suppliers to see what they may have.

But with the hds and transducer cost it puts me close to the price of the Helix 9 SI with mega imaging.

Too many options I guess:blink: