tcbass

Anyone know where to find this type of Electrical Connector Box?

I bought a used 2014 Stratos and changed the trolling motor out. When I did I saw that it had a heavy gauge wires running from the rear batteries up to the bow and then connected to the trolling motor wires with this nice electrical box. I can't seem to find a similar one anywhere else. I like how it's simple, durable, and easy to use.

Anyone know what the name for this is and where to find it?

IMG_9006.thumb.JPG.2a9b8c37c620a05d1a43b2fed33ed4fd.JPGIMG_9009.thumb.JPG.4350f865082420e6a1edff1c98f33ea0.JPGIMG_9013.thumb.JPG.34c882c25bd4271d69b25be34cc95184.JPGIMG_9017.thumb.JPG.1a9f4d3360bcc76b74ac110b9fe0068a.JPGIMG_9021.thumb.JPG.c427a6339ca49b8e2436014a02db84be.JPG

That's the first time I've seen a double one.  If you do a search for battery cable junction box images you will see bunches of different types and single ones. 

Personally, I would just use an Anderson SB-120 connector.  If connecting the power cable of the TM, I either use the SB-50 because it's smaller, or the SB-120.  The 120 is a bit over kill in most cases because there's not many TM's going to pull over 50 amps,  however on a cable splice, I do the over kill and use the SB-120 because I generally run #4 cable from the battery to the TM and #6 is the largest you can put in an SB-50. 

Also, if you look at the Anderson's be aware you can order them for the size cable you will be using.  When connecting the TM, I order one #6 and trim my battery cable down slightly to fit in it and one to fit the TM power cable, generally a #10.  I crimp and solder these connectors. 

Same box that is in my Ranger RT188, not sure what its called but may be another place to search for one.

Call Bill at Alabama Trolling Motors.  He will know what it is and where to get one if he doesn't have it.

http://alatrolling.com/

The SMH is just a rebranded or copy of the Anderson.

If they are in a Ranger, just call Ranger parts and order one if it has to be that same connector.

No, both connectors are the same, one just flips over and the two plug together. 

The only things you have to pay attention to are the color, size and wire gauge size.

Each color has it's own guide pin so different colors won't plug together, other than black.  Black is a universal color that plugs into all of them.  The number is the constant current rating and different numbers are different physical size.  Larger than a 120 starts getting a little on the big side.   Then the terminals come in different wire gauge sizes (to a degree) so you can order the ones for the size wire you plan to use within a certain size.  For instance, if you a plugging a 10ga wire into a 6ga wire, you can order an one SB50 for #6 and one for #10 in the same color and they will connect together. 

They are designed to be crimped but you will need one of the crimper you hit with a hammer or a very large, rather expensive crimper for large lugs.   I always crimp and solder them, just to make sure of the connection.

They can just be soldered but you need to use a small pencil torch or Benzomatic and make sure you use rosin core solder.  It's better to just solder than try using pliers or a vice to crimp, those do not make very good crimps and can flatten it to where it may not go in the housing.