gall

Atak 120 coosa hd of radar 115

So I know they arent all the same but I'm having a tough time trying to choose which one best would work for me it will be 97% river and creeks with a few small lakes so hence the reason for the shorter length as of now I'm leaning more towards ws due to the he fact have  a dealer 15 minutes away but just debating which one would work the best in moving water situations any suggestions would be great 

I may not be much help but I chose the ATAK 120, I had no experience with kayaks prior to the purchase. I've had mine on lakes and the local rivers for fishing & family kayaking runs.  The only thing I don't like which isn't specific to the WS is the scupper holes, just don't like the little bit of water that comes in so I ordered additional plugs to stop this. Seems to handle fine, very stable. If you have specific questions I can try to answer. 

Thanks for the input I guess how does it track for you and how's the turning in it are my. 2 bug ones really 

I just bought the Radar 115 two weeks ago and have used it twice.  That makes a total of three times I've been in a kayak.

I can tell you that I absolutely love it. I use a C-Tug to get it to the water, have rigged it up with my Hook4 in the front console, couple of rod holders, and made an anchor stick out of a plastic coated tomato stake. I use the scupper holes for the stick. 

I'm 245 pounds and it's stable, quick, and a dream to maneuver.  I still have to make a few adjustments to it but absolutely love it. 

You guys are making this so much harder for me ha I can officially say I'll cross Jackson off my list now it comes down to the atak 120 of radar I mean I'm not gonna get the helix or pedal just due to the areas u fish the shop had a 135 bit no 115 last time I was there so I couldn't judge them side by side

I paddled the ATAK 120 a few weeks ago and it tracked well. I eventually went with a jackson Cuda HD due to the storage capacities.  Can't really go wrong with either choice imo.

I have paddled all those boats and own an ATAK 140 but if i was going majority of moving rivers i am going with the non HD coosa myself.  I had one of the original ones and regret selling it even though i fish rivers only about 20% of the time.  

13 hours ago, gall said:

Thanks for the input I guess how does it track for you and how's the turning in it are my. 2 bug ones really 

I think it tracks great, the front does wander left to right but only when you paddle hard and seems to turn fine