Nolanbassmaster

If u could only have 2 setups, what would they be?

You will probably get a wide range of answers to that friend. First you have to ask yourself what it is you enjoy fishing. 

Me, I'm a jig guy in the broadest sense of the term. So a 6'8" medium heavy XF Bait-caster  (Skirted Jigs, big tubes, jig worms etc.) with 14# to 17# co-poly, and a 6'9" Medium light spinning rod  with 8# braid and flouro leader is were I would start. (finesse tubes, spider sliders, light hair) is where I would start. Can't fish without those two.

But it that's just me. And I'm up North. 

Extending the post because you might want to pick jig rods that fit where you fish; 

After that a 7' heavy fast action cover rod 20# co-poly or 50# braid, 6' 8" medium XF spinner, 10# braid 8-10# leader, 6'3" light super finesse spinner deep water semi/vertical spinning rod. 6# flouro. 

Oh yeah. A 7'2" moderate fast finesse rod with good 6# braid, 6# or 8# leader for shallow (down to 8 feet) for true Midwest Finesse. Not to be confused with the Ned rig. Maybe I should have listed one that first. It's in my hands much of the time from 11:00am till 5:00pm on many waters many days. 

BTW; my all around reaction bait rod is a 7' medium fast casting rod with 10# co-poly. But my jig rods do double duty fishing reaction baits too. 

Then there are wade time smallie creek rods....lol I'll shut up now!!!

i get carried away musing about rods...

I would probably choose 7' mh casting & 6'6" med spinning

• Like 2

The two I have now ;)

Shimano Crucial CRC-X610MHXF, full cork handle 

One is for Texas Rigs, weightless to 3/8 oz

The other is for Jig-n-Craws 1/4-1/2 oz

Both have a Shimano Calcutta 100A on it & spooled with Berkley Big Game Mean Green 15# test.

17 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

17 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

Yep. The simple answer. I got a little carried awayZ, 

Sorry if you want a good frog fish then I would recommend 3 rods. One would be a Dobyns 703SF. You decide if your budget says a Fury model FR 703 SF or a Sierra SA 703 SF. One costs $110 and the other around $170.  Match this with a Pflueger President 35 series reel. You could also consider a 30 series instead.

For general purpose use I would have a Powell Max 3D 683CEF.  Look up the Tackletour review on that rod.

That should run you around $130.  Match it with a Daiwa Tatula CT 6.3 or 7.3 -1 reel.

That third 3rd one would be a frog specific rod. Something like a Dobyns Champion XP model DC 735C.  macth that up with a Tatula CT 8-1.  This rod handle carolina rigs, and big heavy jigs.

I could get by with those 3 for a good while.

Personally... 

7'3" MH/F casting. Frogs, jigs, Texas rigs

7' MH/MF casting. Any moving baits 

• Like 1