Looking into buying some jerkbaits. Was wondering what would you get if you could start over and not waste anytime with ones you didn't like. 

Looking to see others individual thoughts on the topic. 

The Strike King KVD jerkbait has always been in my box and been more than productive on most outings. I continued to try and find better jerkbaits, purchasing Deps, Lucky Craft, Megabass, Damiki, and a few others. When tournament time comes around, I tie on the KVD jerkbait because it's worked from day one, and im not looking to experiment with other baits when money is on the line.

For me, jerkbaits (like many baits) are tools.

And like tools, different conditions may require a slightly different bait.

Factors that determine it for me could be, but are not limited to; water temp, depth, clarity, prevalent bait & size, wind & weather conditions.

All that said, as previously mentioned, the KVD bait (both shallow & deep) has been very good for me, but so has Megabass vision 110 and the plus 1, Rapala baits are solid, as are a huge assortment of Lucky Craft baits.   Smithwicks are a real sleeper too. 

In an attempt to address your inquiry here,  if I had to pick just a few, I'd go with the shallow & deep KVD & Megabass vision 110 and the 110 +1.   

A-Jay

It's hard to deny the success of the vision 110.  But there are many brands that work I think it really comes down to what was mentioned above temp water condition forage type and weather.  For me another major factor is the predators in the lake if i find pike are biting good ill take off my 110 and throw something a little cheaper.  I find most times i have a vision 110 tied on then a ito shiner or duo

Rapalas,Storm thunder stick and KVD Jerk baits have been really productive for me.