BassMusician

Double fluke rig looks amazing in the water and I don't think I set the hook hard enough on plastics

Didn't catch anything on it but this rig just LOOKS like bass would want it!

Also, I stopped at a new to me pond and in 20 minutes I caught a 2 plus and lost another the same size. 

I don't think I set the hook hard enough when fishing senkos and whatnot.

I lose 40% of the fish I hook.

Tc I'll eat dinner then I'll post pics of mine

Maybe I can get some video tomorrow evening when my wife and I go fishing

Could be a rigging or hardware problem but if you don't think you set he hook hard enough then you probably didn't. 

When you get bit on a plastic or really any single hook bait reel up all the slack and turn their head

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0aY4nWxce06bjyAN2

Having issues uploading photos so there are some pics there, and also pics of some of the fish I've been catching. I think I need to have a reference object in the bass pics, cuz they don't look as big in these pics.

Re: hooksets on plastics. That is my problem, I just kind of reel in and put strong pressure, a little tug but not a home run swing.

I read and see all the good ones pulling the rod up like they are Hercules, but I'm always worried it will pull it out of the fish's mouth. I know I'm wrong, but I have to get past that spinnerbait hookset. It's the only thing I haven't been able to internalize, like make it automatic.

Thanks for the advice, and hopefully I can conquer the hookset.

1 hour ago, BassMusician said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0aY4nWxce06bjyAN2

Having issues uploading photos so there are some pics there, and also pics of some of the fish I've been catching. I think I need to have a reference object in the bass pics, cuz they don't look as big in these pics.

Re: hooksets on plastics. That is my problem, I just kind of reel in and put strong pressure, a little tug but not a home run swing.

I read and see all the good ones pulling the rod up like they are Hercules, but I'm always worried it will pull it out of the fish's mouth. I know I'm wrong, but I have to get past that spinnerbait hookset. It's the only thing I haven't been able to internalize, like make it automatic.

Thanks for the advice, and hopefully I can conquer the hookset.

Cool. 

Yeah, good luck on the hookset. With 2 lures on you'll need more force in the first place. And setting the hook on a single hook is less chance of pulling it out so swing away. 

I tried it once or twice and caught a few fish. I think both time not from swimming but let it sink all the way to bottom and pop it.