Bigchunk

Looking for a comparable rod

I have a diawa Ct 7.1 laying around, looking for a flipping stick comparable to my champion extreme 746 but not trying to pay 350$$ right now. I'm honestly trying to find a 150 dollar rod, thanks 

I've never fished a 746 dobyns, but do have a 7"4H falcon Bucoo sr that I have a tatula ct in and love it for flipping and jig fishing. $130 bucks I think

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bigchunk said:

I have a diawa Ct 7.1 laying around, looking for a flipping stick comparable to my champion extreme 746 but not trying to pay 350$$ right now. I'm honestly trying to find a 150 dollar rod, thanks 

And actually I just wrote a long review of this rod a few hrs ago in here

Why don't you look at a Dobyns Fury FR 765 Flip or a Sierra SA 766 Flip.  The Fury is a fast action powerful rod more like the Champions and it runs $110. The Sierra is a touch slower graphite but is still built with an all cork handle and matching components. It runs $180.  Check them both out on the website.

Also go to Dobyns website and click on "store" on the upper header menu. Choose "Savvy REP Samples"

There is a SSM 766 Flip for $100

They also have some factory refurbed rods that carry a full warranty. There are a few Champion Extreme DX795 Flip rods for $220 shipped.

In addition there is a Champion XP 766 Flip refurbed for $180 shipped and comes with their warranty. That one had some minor repairs done. There is a  Champion  XP 765 Flip for $190 and it says it was a trade in with no repairs, great condition.

All of these are good possibilities for sure.  If I were interested in one of them I would call out to the factory and talk to Richard or Gary.

• Like 1

Thanks, if I was going to get a fury I think I was going to get the 73 mag heavy, but I'm going to check the refurbs!