Ratherbfishing

Star Wars (spoiler alert-don't read if you haven't seen)

What was the significance of the salt/red smoke trail in the final long battle scene of the movie?  I could understand if they were using it as a smoke screen that was largely ignored.  It all just seemed...unnecessary.

Overall, the movie was entertaining.  Last one was better though.   As was Rogue One.

42 minutes ago, Ratherbfishing said:

What was the significance of the salt/red smoke trail in the final long battle scene of the movie?  I could understand if they were using it as a smoke screen that was largely ignored.  It all just seemed...unnecessary.

Overall, the movie was entertaining.  Last one was better though.   As was Rogue One.

They used it to hint at Luke's presence in the battle.  Notice how they focused on everyone's feet leaving red marks? When he walks out, he left no marks.

27 minutes ago, RMax said:

They used it to hint at Luke's presence in the battle.  Notice how they focused on everyone's feet leaving red marks? When he walks out, he left no marks.

Actually, I hadn't noticed that.  Thanks!

Did you notice how the whole "multi-mirror" scene could have been edited out and not have any impact on the plot whatsoever?

12 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Did you notice how the whole "multi-mirror" scene could have been edited out and not have any impact on the plot whatsoever?

To borrow from Shakespeare:  "Full of sound and fury-signifying nothing."

7 hours ago, Glenn said:

Yeah I thought that part was really annoying after watching it.  It was intense the first time watching it and irrationally used to create useless suspense.