Kristquinones

New to miramar/pembroke are

Hey guys,

I'm new to the area mentioned above and I'm looking for new places where to fish. I know that a lot of people say to use google earth but this usually leads to getting into residential ponds and places where there are signs of no fishing. Any new body of water is a great suggestion, plus if anyone is looking for someone to fish let me know.

hope to see you all in the water soon have fun

Lots of water, bass, and peacock all through out the area.  Hit the lakes around your area.  Water behind Publix on Flamingo.  CB smith park has a good supply of bass.  There is another park out west on Sheraton.  The possibilities are endless.  Look for areas with a little current.  Look for little canals flowing into big canals.

Thank you so much for the replay. I will definitely try does probably this week. This weekend I have been focusing on Alligator alley, and Markham park (and the west canal of the park) so lets see what new waters can produce. Thanks again

The canals in and near Markham are fished pretty hard, especially the main canal on 84. You'll have better luck in canals and lakes around shopping centers, and residential areas or condos that do not have gated access, look to park in guest areas.  I have no problem stopping on a main street and fishing canals... they have very little pressure.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:51 PM, Kristquinones said:

Thank you so much for the replay. I will definitely try does probably this week. This weekend I have been focusing on Alligator alley, and Markham park (and the west canal of the park) so lets see what new waters can produce. Thanks again

I live close to Markham Park and it is always tough fishing for me in open areas.  The best luck I've had, is around the park's culvert pipes, where the road goes over the water.  If there is current flowing, it can be real good on the slack side.  You used to be able to go up on the levee on the west side of the park, from the south west corner.  From there you could fish the bombing range on the sawgrass side, wherever there was opening in the sawgrass fields.  There were lots of bass in there.  Make sure you wear leather boots, there are snakes.  I used to explore a lot when I was younger.

I went with a little dingy in the water and it was tough. I went trough the hall park and nothing. I probably tried every bait i own and nothing but on the flip side i fished alligator ally was better the next day. Now is to learn how and where to fish it to be more productive. Almost everything i got cam from junebug ribbon tail worm on the outside of the lily pads. I trued fliiping the lilypads and nothing, also nothing with crancks, spinnerbaits, topwater, etc