FryDog62

Crestliner new deep V Bass Boat

I bought the Lund Pro-V Bass last year... and very happy with it.  I was at the Minneapolis Boat Show yesterday.  Their sister company Crestliner has come out with their welded version of the Pro-V Bass called the “Bass Hawk.”  Will have 1875 and 1775 models.  Built on the Bass Hawk platform so it’s a deep V.  The 1775 has a 4 stroke ProxS 115 they say has great hole shot and tops out 45-48 mph.  Bench and pedestal seating models for multi species guys.  I think is priced to compete with a lot of Mod-V’s yet has a better ride/tracking.  

Glad I have the PVB, but if I were in the market and looking for a less expensive and good option to a mod-V I’d really think about.  Better rough water ride, and you could also rig with a shallow water jack plate for skinny waters and it would be pretty versatile without breaking the bank. 

I have not looked into your boat or the Crestliner version. 5 years ago I bought a 1775 Competitor (Alumacraft) tiller model. I wanted aluminum but the front casting deck of a bass boat. I love my boat, you could hold a barn dance on the front deck. However, I'm not crazy about running a tiller (wind and lower HP restriction).

7 hours ago, dmack said:

I have not looked into your boat or the Crestliner version. 5 years ago I bought a 1775 Competitor (Alumacraft) tiller model. I wanted aluminum but the front casting deck of a bass boat. I love my boat, you could hold a barn dance on the front deck. However, I'm not crazy about running a tiller (wind and lower HP restriction).

I came from a tiller before buying the Lund.  Tillers have lots of elbow room and large front decks.  Downside can be a smaller rear casting deck, and higher freeboard than a bass boat.  Sometimes a little harder to side arm cast, skip, jerk Baits, etc... but not too bad overall.

I’m sure someone at Crestliner/Lund would take your boat in on trade... or better yet to wait and see if Alumacraft comes out with a similar Bass version soon.  

Will be interesting in 5 years to look back and see if anyone is still making deepV aluminum bass boats.  I don’t think Lund has sold a lot of the Pro-V Bass boats... although the Crestliner rep I talked to at the boat show said they were getting a lot of pre-orders on theirs.  Time will tell..