HookRz

The Lefty Kreh line to leader knot.

I've posted this before but I'm afraid most haven't seen it because the line to leader knot threads are so numerous. I like this knot so well I think it deserves its own post. I only use short leaders of genuine flouro leader material. Not line meant for casting (there is a big difference). I use the leader mainly for abrasion resistance. I'm not sure how well it passes through guides but for my purposes it holds up as well as the Alberto and I can tie it in about five seconds.

I use that knot for making line stops for drop shot weights, and also double the line into a loop to secure the weight for kentucky rigs with a simple hitch loop. Always called that a figure-8 knot. Except I normally only make two twists instead of three.

• Like 1

The Figure Eight I remember was designed by Jack Crawford of jig tying and old Fishing Facts magazine fame. But it was a line to terminal tackle knot and I'm showing my age....

• Like 1

I don't use leaders often but when I do I use an Alberto knot. What I like about it is that the tag ends face rearward so it's quieter when you cast. Uni to Uni is easier for me to tie but I primarily use it for tying new line to my backing.