MDbassin

Anybody tryout/buy the Bonafide SS127 yet?

Anyone try the new Bonafide yet now that they are showing up in dealers now?

I haven’t but have been following them for a while. Have heard nothing but great things so far. 

The top top of my upgrade list so far is:

NuCanue Flint

Bonafide SS127

Native Titan 10.5

I'm in the same boat... no pun intended 

I'm between the SS127, Atak 140, pro angler 14. 

Been looking in the 13ft + range but with all the hype around this Bonafide I'd figure I'd give it a look even tho it's shorter then the other 2 I'm considering

I just bought a Bonafide SS127. Ask away if you have questions. Have not had it in the water though. Seat was broken upon unwrapping it. Ordered it from Austin Kayak. 

I ordered the package deal through them. Kayak, paddle, and pfd for 1719.  I also used the 15% off to purchase accessories for the kayak. 

• Like 1

It came down to the Feel Free Lure 11.5 and the Bonafide SS127 for me - My main purchasing points were stability for standing and width to support that stability and freedom to move a little bit.  The Lure, which seems to require a rudder purchase based on many reviews, puts it in a comparable price range to the SS127 (even then the Lure is still about 200 dollars cheaper).  I've heard mixed reviews on the stability between the two kayaks.  I think that part comes down to personal preference - best info I got from someone experienced was that the Lure has better initial stability and the SS127 has better secondary stability.  I have to say the Bonafide looks better - almost reminds me of a fighter jet.  That being said, I went with the Lure for several reasons, including price, size (at a foot less, it's easier to manage), and accessorizing.  The Lure also seems to have a bit more deck space for moving around, and seems more open (less constricted) than the SS127.  I like that the Lure can be upgraded with a pedal drive (which the SS127 also has a console with a pedal drive likely coming soon for it too), plus the Lure pedal drive can have a motor plug in attached to turn the pedal drive into a motor powered unit - pretty cool stuff.  To me, that extra 200 dollars I saved on the Lure (after considering rudder price) allowed me to accessorize with the difference in price from an SS127.  There are tons of great reviews and videos on the Lure, and I have a friend who has nothing but good things to say about it.  The SS127 is also a new model from a new lineup of kayaks, but has good reviews and videos that I've seen as well.  I have a feeling their next models will be something to rave about, and the current SS127 doesn't seem too shabby either.  I'm confident I'd be happy with either one.  Like Deryl, the ACK kayak package is the way to go. 

2 hours ago, Deryl_Oh said:

I just bought a Bonafide SS127. Ask away if you have questions. Have not had it in the water though. Seat was broken upon unwrapping it. Ordered it from Austin Kayak. 

I ordered the package deal through them. Kayak, paddle, and pfd for 1719.  I also used the 15% off to purchase accessories for the kayak. 

ACK is really good with their customer service, so I imagine they took care of that?