IsaiahH

Where can I find a spool for this rod?

So I was cleaning out my grandfathers shed and found a couple of his old toys (mostly guns) and among them was what he said was his favorite rod, his birthday is coming up and I'd like to take him fishing with his road re-spooled. Overall it's in fantastic condition so I'm not worried about it breaking. The problem is that it's a REALLY old rod and I can't find records of it anywhere, it's like that model doesn't exist. 

Fenwick Eagle II graphite, ETC 56ML, 5' 6', 3/16-1/2 oz, Lure: 8-15 LB, Line 4 Power 

What I'm worried about it that this rod is a fake. I've been looking for maybe 3 hours now and I can't a single model that's the same. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/362256952840?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=362256952840&rmvSB=true

This is the closest I can find. I have a fair amount of pictures of the rod, but I can't upload single one of them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rV8wSg8tQXg9sykLaFYwyv6IB0usWwqo?usp=sharing 

:D thank you all!

Oh, and I'm not sure what's the difference between a spool and reel. So sorry if I cause any confusion I need a new line simply put. 

Edited by IsaiahH
adding information

By "spool" you may mean reel?

The rod mfr is Fenwick the model is Eagle II graphite, 5'6" long, medium light power, for use with 3/16 to 1/2 oz lures and 4 lb test line. The rod is a spinning rod made by Fenwick possibly for Cabela's back in the early 80's.

Tom

WRB has the specs well listed for you. The question is does the rod have a reel on it so all you need to do is get it respooled with new line? Are you in need of purchasing a new reel and getting it filled with line?

If you have a working reel any tackle shop can spool new  line for you. Go to Dicks Sporting Goods, Bass Pro, Cabelas, or any quality local tackle shop.  If you do not have a good reel with it then consider a reel like a Pflueger President model 20, a Lews Mach Speed Spin in a MS100 or better yet get a Bass Pro Shops Formula FML10, those are on sale regular price $49.99 no on sale for $29.99.  They could put some 4 or 6 pound test and your dad would enjoy it a bunch.  Even if it does have an old reel on it the Bass pro reel would make a nice combo and give him something to enjoy.

This should help, the spool is a part of the reel, it holds the line whereas the reel is the whole thing. The line goes on the spool of a reel. Do yo want fishing line or a fishing reel?

BF629C66-C02F-470B-92A4-0D20ACEC4FA9.jpeg

@IsaiahH,

I'm confused.  What are you asking?

9 hours ago, IsaiahH said:

his birthday is coming up and I'd like to take him fishing with his road re-spooled

Are you asking how to get new line put on the reel?

Or is the reel broken and you want to get it fixed?

9 hours ago, IsaiahH said:

What I'm worried about it that this rod is a fake.

Or are you asking if we think your grandfather's rod is a fake?

Your photos at that drive.google.com site you listed show a spincast reel  (Zebco 404) attached to the rod.

Also, the photo shows the rod has a trigger so it is not a spinning rod.

If you just need new line, do what @fishnkamp suggested.

If you are worried your grandfather's rod is a fake, who cares, just take him fishing and enjoy your time with him!  (and hopefully catch some fish.)