aight fellas I recently posted about a first 16' aluminum boat for me and my 2 young sons to fish lakes close to home. think imma down size from what I was originally looking at of approx. $15k or more and look at this Lowe 1648 Aura with maybe a 25ish hp engine. what do y'all think of said boat for what I wanna do with it which is just get on the water and make some good memories with my 2 boys before they head off to college in the distant future. the reason for the downsize is we have travel baseball also going on in the spring so we won't be able to get on the water near as much as we want but my sons also love baseball so I didn't wanna spend $15k and we don't use it but 3 times a year. but, if we do start going a lot then I could always get a bigger/better boat. edit to add that I do want to add a side control to the jon boat. do y'all think that would work ok??

thanks,

Big Ed

I also like the crestliner retriever 1650 also with side control if available. any other suggestions for a stable wide 16' south of $10k with 25ihs hp engine please advise. these are just what I've come up with.

thanks,

Big Ed

thanks slolane. whats everyones thoughts on the bass tracker heritage??? any hands on experience with this boat?? what are the thoughts on trackers all welded in general?? I thought they didn't get good reviews for leaking or somesuch deal??? please advise.

thanks and keep the opinions coming please,

Big Ed

To put the Heritage in prospective, it sales for $9,995 boat, trailer, trolling motor, depth finder, & a Mercury 40 hp 4-stroke.

In 2014 I bought a Tohatsu 4-stroke 40 hp, I give em $6,000 & got change back!

Tracker comes with a lifetime warranty on the hull on welded boats. The Heritage is a great deal but if you order one now you won't get it till Aug. I went in to order one but our season is so short in Michigan it would be over when the boat comes in. So I looked at the pro 160 and pro 170 they had on the floor and bought the 170 because the 170 had a 40 and the 160 had a 25.

https://www.trackerboats.com/warranty/