ghost

Casting Rod, Some Guides Not Aligned

Bought a new rod the other day. Brought it home and noticed the e guides are not quite aligned straight.  I know I can probably exchange the rod, but wondering if those misaligned guides will cause a problem or loss of casting distance.

I try and make sure the rod is straight and the guides are uniform. I guess I didn't Check well enough before buying the rod.

It won't effect performance, but it may bug you.  If it does, exchange it while you still can.

• Like 1

I bought a veritas on clearance awhile back that had some guides slightly misaligned and found it more of an annoyance that anything else. Worked fine, but I always check now. 

I don't believe you would notice any difference - except that you would notice the difference. I don't believe it would help your confidence level at all. Exchange it.

As already stated, won't affect a thing other than your peace of mind. It would drive me nuts,  but my dad could care less as long as it functions.  If it'll bother you swap it out

Micro guides should be aligned perfectly, standard guides can be off a little but it speaks volumes about the workmanship.

Tom