biggiesmalls

Pflueger reel - Trion 20/25, President 20/25?

Looking for a reel to pair with a 7' light spinning rod, which will be used for large panfish and some finesse bass work as well. Will be spooled with 6lb Floroclear, which is the diameter of 4 lb mono. 

I have a Trion 20 right now. Do you think it would be worth it to replace that reel with a larger Trion 25, a President 20, President 25? Or I could just keep the reel. Open to any of those options. 

Take care

Drew

I'd just keep the Trion. I have 2 of them I've never had a problem with. But then again I like buying new gear too so...

27 minutes ago, optimator said:

I'd just keep the Trion. I have 2 of them I've never had a problem with. But then again I like buying new gear too so...

Lol, I'll probably keep the Trion 20 until it crashes on me someday. It's been through a rough few years so far lol and it's surprisingly a pretty tough little package (maybe not in terms of handling big fish, but rather in terms of handling being dropped, dunked even in saltwater, etc). 

Gotta spool it up tonight with that 6# floroclear. If I REALLY wanted to spend money, I'd get a Ballistic LT 2500 on a high-end rod. Give it a few weeks...

Drew

Never had the Trion but the president has its reputation for a reason. Every year I consider spending some coin on a higher end reel, then I grab my presidents and think why? Smooth as silk and the 2 I have have held up beautifully for several years now. Trion may be the same tho I'd keep it and see!

I've never had a president let me down. I own about 10 of them

The Trion 20 should do you fine unless you are simply looking to upgrade to a better reel. Presidents are solid reels for the money, and a Daiwa BG 1500 should also do you nicely.