Jer1983

Ardent Apex Elite or Diawa Taula 100

So I already have 2 Ardent Finess spinners so my OCD says elite but I can get a better deal on the 100 so my wallet says 100? 

Had a number of the Original Tatula Type Rs and also had a couple Elites and they are extremely light but one developed some drag issues.  I ended up getting it fixed (basically replaced the drags) and switched over to the Tatula CT models.  IMO

Tatulas feel better in the palm and cast/wind better.  You can get them pretty cheap on Ebay now

I have one ardent apex magnum reel and it isn't bad at all but I think my Daiwa reels cast better and are smoother. I would say go with the Daiwa and try something new. I really think you will like it but also know I am a die hard Daiwa fan so take this info knowing that. Good luck.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 5:11 PM, SenkoGuru said:

I have one ardent apex magnum reel and it isn't bad at all but I think my Daiwa reels cast better and are smoother. I would say go with the Daiwa and try something new. I really think you will like it but also know I am a die hard Daiwa fan so take this info knowing that. Good luck.

I'll second that, and I too am a long time die hard Daiwa fan.