thefraz44

Buckeye Bassin Community

I saw that those darn Hoosiers have their own community here, and I think Maryland has one too. But Ohio, the state that I think has the most dedicated angling community, doesn't have one yet! That's a shame, so I thought I would like to start one!

I have been fishing Eastwood lake once or twice with very little luck.:( However, I've been stuck on the bank and I have seen a few people catch fish out of a boat while I've been out. All I threw was a dropshot because that's all I had.

• Like 1

Hola! I created a SE Ohio thread a while back. Happy to post in this one. 

I live part time in Athens. I haven't been out in my kayak yet since the weather has been so up and down. I do have all my reels spooled up and ready to rock. Keep us updated on your trips this year.

I fished Burr Oak from 7 AM - 2 PM yesterday. The water temp peaked at about 58. I threw the entire tacklebox at them and didn't get a bite. I wasn't able to find any emerging weeds. I found some dead pads still hanging around from last year. I marked tons of inactive fish suspending at 6ft in 10-18 ft of water. No dice. I didn't see any real activity up shallow. It was my first time fishing this lake. Not a great start. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 2:37 PM, JG233 said:

I fished Burr Oak from 7 AM - 2 PM yesterday. The water temp peaked at about 58. I threw the entire tacklebox at them and didn't get a bite. I wasn't able to find any emerging weeds. I found some dead pads still hanging around from last year. I marked tons of inactive fish suspending at 6ft in 10-18 ft of water. No dice. I didn't see any real activity up shallow. It was my first time fishing this lake. Not a great start. 

I think the bass in my area have already spawned because I haven't seen any activity. At one of my local ponds, the bluegill are already spawning, which is really weird. I didn't think it'd be this early given the cold weather.