Alligator Alley MM41 West

Alligator Alley MM41

Saturday 3/31/18

6:30-Noon

Mostly Cloudy

Wind light

Water temp 74*

Water heavy stain

I went this morning with a good friend Rick.  We put in on Mm 41 south side, and ran west and crossed over to the north side.  Went out west to the Indian properties.  Almost every cast you were being messed with by an assortment of different fish.   The bass were deep in the canal and many were caught in the middle of the canal.  Throwing to the bank would put you on warmouth, oscars, and Myans.  Once the bait dropped 6 to 8 feet deep the bass bite was on.  Lots of gators out there, but they showed no interest in the boat.  

We ended with 25 bass, plus a variety of other fish.  I lost a big 6 pounder at the boat.  That's what happens when you don't retie after 20 fish.   If you go, remember you can't fish the Indian Properties without a special license.  They have been aggressive with violators in the past.  Another fun day of fishing south Florida.

• Like 2

Sounded like lox today a ton of small fish  and junk fish,got a handful of fish over 2lbs but they were deeper.Thanks for the report 😎

• Like 1

Yeah fished Lox as well today with my pops. Lots of fish (36 in total) not a single one over 2 lbs.  But only two Mayan and one mud fish, which was positive.  All fish were caught on flukes or senkos.  Large majority on watermelon flukes.  Thanks for the report as always guys, good luck out there! 

• Like 1

Been hearing a big cat growling last couple times I been out there in the North canal on flats side gotta love the wildness of lox😎

• Like 1

Water has been dropping all over the glades from what I see. Holiday Park is still on fire as well. All species of fish looking for food. April and May will be very good till the rainy season kicks in. Buzz baits and other top water baits will really turn on soon. Watch for the gators. Their mating season starts soon and they will get very aggressive. Bob

• Like 1