gimruis

Rapala BX Brat

What's the word on this new lure?  I saw it 25% on the shelf the other day and was close to buying one.  Someone chime on their experience with it.

I have a few in my bass pro cart and still deciding whether or not to pull the trigger to use some rewards and a gift card i have.  They look like good baits but i want to check the out in person first.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, that lip doesn’t look like it would deflect off cover very well but I’m gonna pick up a couple for sure being that I’m looking for something different in a square bill if you can call it a square bill.

So, I have NOT fished with them yet. We still have hard water up here in the north country. 

I did buy a bunch at 25% off at Cabela's the other day and BOY are they a fantastic looking bait. The fit & finish is really high quality. I'm super impressed with the paint jobs and eyes they put on these baits. They seriously look like a Japanese lure. Amazingly shiney and lots of nice little details. IMHO, nobody does balsa better than Rapala, and I'm really glad these things have a Balsa core but a plastic shell because the #1 problem with the DT's is they crack if you wack them into a dock/boat. 

I can't wait to try these out on the river this season and bounce them off some rocks. 

I have one, it's like a perch color or something.... I've used it a few times. Action seems all right, but I've never tried bouncing it off anything. Normally since I fish from banks, I'm running these sorts of baits along grass/weed lines or where I know transitions are. Haven't caught anything on it yet, but I think it's a good choice for cloudy days where I know perch are. Which is basically everywhere.

I hooked up with a few the other day throwing an 03 in Homer's Buddy in about 2 ft of water fishing a gravel/rock bank. 

I accidentally bought the 03 instead of the 06 but I'm glad I did. It runs shallower than my usually KVDs. 

I have a bunch of the the old Xcalibur XCS100s that I would throw in the real skinny water. Too scared to lose them now so I'm glad these Brats came along.