Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

SCORED at the swapmeet today

Went to the swapmeet today,havent been in about a year. Seems the baitmonkey was lurking. Everywhere I turned,there was fishing gear. I happened by one vendor and noticed a few bags of plastics. I asked about them and she told $.50 per bacg or 3 for $1.00. I snatched em all up and kept looking at what else she had. She had what looked like some hand tied Crappie jigs too. I told her I would give her $5.00 for it all. Heres what I ended up with:

1 bag of white pearl ZOOM Flukes(10 count)

1 bag of 8 inch Green Pumpkin Yamasenkos(5 count)

1 opened bag of Yamamoto Stretch 40 4 inch in Watermelon w blk/red flake(5 count)

1 bag of 5 Inch Yamasenko Green with green/red flake( 10 count)

1 bag of 7 inch Yamamoto Stretch 40 In Watermelon w red/black flake(10 count)

And the Crappie Jigs,which could be more like floatin flies(12 count)

I then kept shopping elsewhere and got to talking to a retired Airborne Ranger. Being Airborne myself we struck up a conversation and chewed the fat. He had a Minn Kota 65 trolling motor. Its a 5 speed 29 thrust weedless model. Has the switch for forward,reverse and off,plus the telescoping handle for different speed settings. He told me he wanted $20 for it. I finished my conversation and left. Before I got home I turned around and went back. He still had it. I verified the $20 asking price and he told me.. "From one Paratrooper to another,Ill let ya have it for $10." I was blown away. I brought my truck up and wanted to put power to it before giving him the money. Sure enough,it powers up and works. Its not pretty but the price cant be beat.

Needless to say I scored!!!!!

good scores there... gottal love when someone squares you away

AL

WOW!!!  SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME.

NICE SCORE.

I stand corrected ,they are 6 inch Senkos. I just measured them. The label on the package looks like it says 8". Sorry for the misinformation