SMITTY0045

Need suggestions for a new rod

I just picked up a REVO ALX and I’m trying to decide on a new rod for it. I’m looking for something to throw weightless flukes and other baits, along with  jerkbaits. I’m looking for a rod between 6’7 and 6’9, and I’m looking for something between $150 to $200. What do you suggest?

St Croix 6'8 m-xf. Mojo, avid, or avid x. 

I'll throw you a curve ball and suggest the MB Hyuga 67 ML. Fast Action. 122 grams, Stainless guides frames. Pyrofil blank. I am not sure about this one but my 7'2 Hyuga has SIC inserts at the same price point, so this one should also. Best sub $200 rod I have ever purchased. Plus dang man, it Purple! Have several MB above this price point and this hangs with them. 

With that reel you will have a 9.8oz package. Should be right below $200 including shipping

Never had an issue with this seller, nor have I heard any on the forums. Recieved all of my packages within 2 weeks of order, if not a rod, sooner.

https://www.tacklejapan.com/category/select/cid/62/pid/5830

https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/hyuga-67ml/

If you want to stay state side, I would go with a PX Recon Elite 6'8 ML. Very similar specs, weight, action ect...$180

Check out the Kistler Helium 3 Light Medium Heavy, comes in a 6’9”. Get it on a sale for close to $200.