TrueNameAmended

Brodhead creek, Pocono mountains: Any smallmouth in there?

For my fellow residents of NEPA -- Do any of you know if there's smallmouth in Brodhead creek? I have never fished it, mainly because I don't trout fish, and cannot find any info doing a google search. 

I grew up and spent most of my life in New Jersey, and there were tons of small rivers and creeks with bass in them (sometimes even largemouth), so I don't see why Brodhead creek couldn't hold them. But everything you read is related to trout, and I don't personally know anyone who's fished it.

And if anyone HAS caught smallmouth in there, could you point me in the general direction of some decent parts for catching them?

Thanks so much.

Depending on where you are located the short answer is yes but the Broadhead and most of the prime water will be posted and club owned. Most of it's waters and holes will hold trout especially from Analomink into Stroudsburg almost all of it will hold predomitly trout. If you're seriously targeting smallies hit the gap. From the gap to Smithfield beach you'll have them and as you get closer to Milford those deeoer holes will hold smaller Walleye.

7 minutes ago, gunsmoke said:

Depending on where you are located the short answer is yes but the Broadhead and most of the prime water will be posted and club owned. Most of it's waters and holes will hold trout especially from Analomink into Stroudsburg almost all of it will hold predomitly trout. If you're seriously targeting smallies hit the gap. From the gap to Smithfield beach you'll have them and as you get closer to Milford those deeoer holes will hold smaller Walleye.

I appreciate the response. I was thinking of exploring the shoreline from Brodhead creek park south a mile or two. I'm guessing I'm not gonna find many smallies there?

As far as the Delaware/DWG... I unfortunately just don't know the spots. It's maddening to me, because I spent the first 25 years of my life in NWNJ/Central NJ, fishing MOSTLY the Delaware, and knew all the great spots. Unfortunately, it's just not feasible to take that trip to my old spots, as I already commute into NJ on a daily basis as it is. So anymore driving than I already do is out of the question. I would LOVE to be able to find some prime shore access in DWG.

I actually took a trip to Smithfield beach last week specifically to stake out fishing spots, and found absolutely nothing. Every spot I checked out was knee deep as far as the eye could see.

Needless to say, any advice on spots in that area, and in the area of the Gap, would be GREATLY appreciated.