I am just now starting to get back into bass fishing as it has been a long time since I have had the opportunity.  What time of year can I expect sales from most places in regards to gear?  

Labor Day will probably be the next one 

You just missed the 4th of July sales. Labor Day is next one.

Really depends on what your looking for as the sales come and go. Good deals can be had all year round depending on what your after. 

Well, I got a Tatula CT for 70 the other day.  Looking for a decent all purpose rod to put it on now.  

4 hours ago, drobinson said:

Well, I got a Tatula CT for 70 the other day.  Looking for a decent all purpose rod to put it on now.  

Good deal! I take it you bought on eBay with the 20% off code? I got a Fuego CT because I didn't think the T-Wing was worth an extra $17.

If you're looking to go cheap and with the same brand, the Daiwas Aird-X is well regarded as possibly the "best" rod around its price range. Other than that I can't help you, I'm currently looking for a rod as well.

Check out the discount fishing tackle sites.  There are several. You can sometimes get lucky and get crankbaits for half off, bulk deals, etc.

4 hours ago, MisterDeadeye said:

Good deal! I take it you bought on eBay with the 20% off code? I got a Fuego CT because I didn't think the T-Wing was worth an extra $17.

If you're looking to go cheap and with the same brand, the Daiwas Aird-X is well regarded as possibly the "best" rod around its price range. Other than that I can't help you, I'm currently looking for a rod as well.

Ebay with 20% is correct.  I will have a look at the aird-x.  I was also looking at the veritas rod from abu garcia but would also like to get a decent price on that as well.  I just can not bring myself to pay full price. 

Cabelas right now.  20% off some Abu reels.

DSG sent me a 20% off your order from now till the 15th