euroshowoff

Help with local waters in NOVA.

I'm looking for help on whats been working on the water. With the water temps in the high 80s, i've been struggling to get bass in the boat/kayak. So far I've been skunked on the Ni Reservoir and looking to go back out to Hunting Run then Occoquan this weekend. I fish from both a bass boat, and kayak and been throwing the following pretty routinely:

Frog/Buzz bait between 8am-9am.

Chatterbait/Spinnerbait/Swim Jig. I rotate in 20-30 minute increments. (Keitech trailers)

Before I call it quits, i switch to a trig 10" worm/7.5" worm and basically "couch" fish from the front of the boat, slowly. 

I have not been throwing crankbaits, and maybe i should start. 

I've been traveling and haven't been out in nearly a month, so I have no info about 'current' conditions.  Check out these two threads for a ton of info about local waters at all times of year:

Last year by this time i could give you a full report on what to throw and where to go. But currently I am also in your boat (pun?). With all the rain and my lack of time to get out there, i have not had a very good spring/early summer. The great part is i typically do better in one half the year than the other, so here's to fall!

I'm planning on heading out twice next week and will probably stick to my bread n butter, dragging jigs and senkos (all day), to get something descent on the board. 

Not very helpful, but just wanted to be apart of the thread. 

Thanks everyone. 

I think now that the fishing is slow for me, I'm going to concentrate on reading the water via my deph finder. Something I'm still struggling with. Hopefully i can find some ledges and start throwing a drop shot and slowly crawl it back to the boat/kayak. 

Launched out of Pohick Bay and fished Gunston Cove yesterday morning. On the water by 6am and by 9am I had a good dozen in the boat with a 4-5lber (couldn't find my scale for this fish) and 3.0 as my top 2. 

Bait fish were popping all morning, so thought top water was going to be very productive, but saw little blow ups and didn't produce.   Ran a shallow crank in the same spots and started picking them off.  These bass were chocking it too and had 4 cats hit the same crank.  Caught all of them off one crank except for 2 fish off wacky.  Might want to try crankin'

Surprisingly there weren't many boats on the water but the weather was absolutely perfect yesterday morning.

Thanks for the report.  Wish I'd gone up to Pohick.  I put the yak in at ORP.  Never seen so many trailers there early.  Must have been a tourny - surprised many didn't get up into Gunston.  The river was busy, but not too bad - I assume most boats went looking for grass.  I had a pretty slow morning.  Nothing from docks, two from laydowns - couple on ledges and near grass, but had to work for them.