Junger

Weirs Beach, Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

I was at Lake Winnipesauke from 8/10 through 8/17 for a family vacation. I had never been to NH so I didn't know what to expect, so I packed 3 rods: 6' light rod for panfish tackle, 6'8 ML for poppers, 7'5 M/F for bottom contact.

The first day I roamed the beach area and right of it toward the channel rocks and point. It was basically unfishable due to all the boat traffic. The next day after doing some more walking around the boardwalk, I saw the docks by the Mt. Washington cruise boat and walked down there. No signs that disallowed fishing, and then I saw some other people fishing at the end of the docks. I got some local intel that the cruise boat propellers would wash up sediment and debris and the result was a huge crater right next to the docks. So I started fishing the dock and the crater at various times during the day. In all, I caught a 2.6lb LMB, hundreds of rock bass, 4 white perch, and real nice black crappie, and over a dozen SMB. I found that the rock bass would bite the Z-man ned worm all day long. I caught most of the SMB on a senko cast out really far out past the crater to a shallow flat. But when the cruise ship was moving and churning up water during the late afternoon/evening was when the magic really happened. That's when I caught the perch, crappie, the LMB, and everything else.

Weirs Beach was a lot of fun and I hope to be back soon. The kids loved fishing the Ned rigs as it was non-stop action.

PlzYV1p.jpgWfCTAVb.jpg

2mn3eaO.jpg1l2XOlj.jpg

rqmQPMn.jpg

• Like 3

Hope you either ate or killed those friggn rock bass! Otherwise nice other catches. 

Glad things worked out well......give a yell if you are in the area again

3 hours ago, mhtranger said:

Hope you either ate or killed those friggn rock bass! Otherwise nice other catches. 

I didn't realize all the hate for the rock bass, I didn't keep any fish.

2 hours ago, NHBull said:

Glad things worked out well......give a yell if you are in the area again

Most definitely!