Ill be hitting the sassafras for the first time on Saturday. Any info is appreciated. Most of its pretty shallow I believe so I think Ill just be beating the bank (flipping and working topwaters). 

Love the sass. but it can be tuff. Just got back into this year and havent fished sass. much lately . most of the creeks are shallow but if theres a 3-4foot near by the fish can get very shallow. Dark blue soft plastics ,blue/black jigs and shallow cranks worked for me.I fish the same waters you do and ill be on the northeast river today, hope to see you out there. good luck bend them rods.

Thanks for the info man! (Really appreciate it), I've heard many good things about the sass and its my first time really trying it. All the marinas and private docks look really fishy though and Ill be surprised if I get skunked on Sat. Ill be trying jigs and squarebills like you said. Its supposed to be in the 70s all morning, cloudy, and a full moon this weekend so I should hammer' em. Topwaters should be good, hopefully. Hope you did good today dude. Thanks again and bend them rods!