Boomstick

Daiwa Tatula Glass Spinnerbait/Bladed Jig rod

Curious if anyone has tried out the new 7'4" Tatula glass rod labeled as a spinnerbait & bladed jig rod.

I have the 7'2" MH/R and it makes a great rod for this purpose. H/R seems like it would be a bit overkill (maybe it's for pulling 10+ pounders on the boat?), but curiosity kills the cat so to speak.

I have the Zillion 7'4 H/R and I use it for pitching. It takes a lot of force to get the tip to bend down. I have the Zillion 7'2" MH/RG and always wondered if the glass version took less force to get the moderate bend than graphite version, as I'm interested in the 7'2 MH/R for moving single hook presentations...the MH/RG seems a little too moderate for my liking for that purpose. I'm wonder what the Tatula 7'4 H/F-G weighs...the ZIL721MHRB-G is definitely heavier than the other rods, by at least 2oz's and I don't think flinging heavy jigs/baits on a 7oz rod would be that enjoyable.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Junger said:

I have the Zillion 7'4 H/R and I use it for pitching. It takes a lot of force to get the tip to bend down. I have the Zillion 7'2" MH/RG and always wondered if the glass version took less force to get the moderate bend than graphite version, as I'm interested in the 7'2 MH/R for moving single hook presentations...the MH/RG seems a little too moderate for my liking for that purpose. I'm wonder what the Tatula 7'4 H/F-G weighs...the ZIL721MHRB-G is definitely heavier than the other rods, by at least 2oz's and I don't think flinging heavy jigs/baits on a 7oz rod would be that enjoyable.

They labeled that rod as a spinnerbait/bladed jig rod, but heavy seems a but overkill if you ask me.

Also from what people tell me, the graphite MH/R definitely sounds faster than the glass version that I have.

I don't really notice the weight of the TAT-721-MHRB-G.

53 minutes ago, Boomstick said:

They labeled that rod as a spinnerbait/bladed jig rod, but heavy seems a but overkill if you ask me.

Also from what people tell me, the graphite MH/R definitely sounds faster than the glass version that I have.

I don't really notice the weight of the TAT-721-MHRB-G.

Yeah, interesting they have it labeled as a spinnerbait/bladed jig rod. Definitely way too heavy for my liking, but the heaviest spinner/chatterbaits I throw are 1/2oz plus the trailers which usually are under 1.5oz total that I throw on a 7'3 MH/F Zillion.

So you do have the 7'2 MH/RB-G? I'm highly curious about the flex in the 7'2 MH/RB vs the MH/RB-G and if it really is just a tad faster and crisp.

I love my ZIL721MHRB-G, but it's a good 2+oz heavier than my other rods, and to me it's just a bit tip heavy, but that's OK because it's always pointed down when I'm cranking with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Junger said:

So you do have the 7'2 MH/RB-G? I'm highly curious about the flex in the 7'2 MH/RB vs the MH/RB-G and if it really is just a tad faster and crisp.

Yeah, I have the glass version. It's definitely more of a moderate fast tip to it -- enough tip for a spinnerbait or chatterbait and enough to not lose fish on a crankbait.

I do hear the graphite version is fast by most standards.