Has anyone used "Alumilite Amazing Clear Cast" for a clear coat on lures? I need a waterproof clear cloat for lures, but online it doesn't say anything about being waterproof.

I haven’t used it but it appears to be a typical slow cure epoxy, which are functionally waterproof.  There are lots of these brands around in both glue type epoxies (Devcon Two Ton, etc) and table top/decoupage epoxies (Envirotex Lite).  If the Alumite is what you want to try, check to see how long it takes to cure hard.  If it’s less than 20-30 minutes, I’d steer clear.

• Like 1

I use Devcon / Bob Smith epoxy , 30 min cure. They give you around 5 min work time to coat your bait.

Reason I use them , I dont paint more than 4 baits at a time. I dont mind taking the time to brush the epoxy on.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, Crank Bait Nut said:

I use Devcon / Bob Smith epoxy , 30 min cure. They give you around 5 min work time to coat your bait.

Reason I use them , I dont paint more than 4 baits at a time. I dont mind taking the time to brush the epoxy on.

I agree with you on the Devcon, it works great and brushing a few baits at a time isn't a big deal.