MAS81

Spinning Rod Assistance

Good afternoon,

I'm looking for opinions on how to use these two spinning rods.  One for small topwater and cranks (floating rapalas, twitch baits etc.) and the other for finesse plastics and small t-rigs.

Both rods have 30 series Abu Garcia Revos spooled with 20lb braid.  Leaders used if necessary.

7' MHF 1/4oz to 3/4oz 8-14lb - Abu Garcia Villain 

7" M 3/16oz to 5/8oz 6-12lb - Abu Garcia Veritas

What would be the best use of each rod?

Thank you.

Mike

Use the medium for smaller treble hook lures. Use mono leader if topwater. Would also work for Ned rigs or weightless flukes. The medium/heavy would work for your t-rigs, weightless senkos, and shaky heads. 

I use an Ike Series 7’2” medium spinning with a Revo stx30 and 20# braid to whatever leader and it’s pretty versatile, but it’s rated 1/16-1/2oz. 

Give the two choices, the medium. Please note that even the medium might be too powerful to effectively cast the rapala floating minnows (they’d probably barely make the rod bend on the cast), but I could live with that... until I bought a more suitable rod for them. Bait monkey talking, lol.  

15 hours ago, MAS81 said:

Good afternoon,

I'm looking for opinions on how to use these two spinning rods.  One for small topwater and cranks (floating rapalas, twitch baits etc.) and the other for finesse plastics and small t-rigs.

Both rods have 30 series Abu Garcia Revos spooled with 20lb braid.  Leaders used if necessary.

7' MHF 1/4oz to 3/4oz 8-14lb - Abu Garcia Villain 

7" M 3/16oz to 5/8oz 6-12lb - Abu Garcia Veritas

What would be the best use of each rod?

Thank you.

Mike

7" M 3/16oz to 5/8oz 6-12lb - Abu Garcia Veritas - Finesse 

7' MHF 1/4oz to 3/4oz 8-14lb - Abu Garcia Villain - Could use this for jigs, Weighted t-rigs, spinner baits, chatterbaits.  

Thank you all for the advice...

I understand the choices may not be ideal but I am trying to cover all my south florida bass fishing with 2 baitcasters and 2 spinning outfits.