dgkasper58

Pontoon Fish Finder issue

Going out on a limb here to see if anyone fishes from a pontoon?  My dad finds it way easier to access the water from his pontoon boat.  He just bought a new pontoon and it has the fishing seats in back with the trolling motor up front.  Fish finder is mounted in the dash and transducer is in the back left (opposite driver side).  It is the MinnKota Terrova with Ipilot and we tend to use the handheld to get around when trolling but I will use the foot pedal while bass fishing from the front.

The issue:

You cannot see the fish finder from the back seats where it is mounted in the dash and it bothers me beyond belief.

When we bass fish out of it. I will cast from the front near the trolling motor and again I do not have any electronics which annoys me.  I am debating mounting a transducer to the trolling motor but have no idea where to mount the screen that does not intervene with the cover or is easy to take on and off.

Any ideas?

RAM mount the head unit near the front of the boat where you can see it. The mount uses a round base with a ball to attach the stand onto and is easy to install.

Tom

I bit the bullet and ordered the new (gen3) Ulterra trolling motor, it comes with a built in mega transducer. That resolved my issue with needing a transducer upfront.  I plan on mounting my fish finder with a RAM Mount for quick disconnect an storage. I plan on networking it to my fish finder on the console.

This maybe out of your budget, but it's certainly a good solution.

I spoke with a few people at Bass Pro shops and they said what is coming out this year with Lowrance and that MinnKota will have to seriously work to stay on top of the market.  

Panoptix is going to change the game.  I decided to wait it out.   Thanks though!